Monday, May 23, 2011

My Blog gets Media Coverage!

Some time ago I penned out a short humorous piece on my hunter-gather experiences when I was living in Canberra. Many months later after i'd moved from Canberra to do my fieldwork in Central Australia I saw that my university student newspaper was seeking submissions for their monthly magazine. So it sent it to them:


Diary of an urban hunter-gatherer cyclist | Woroni

Within days of it being published on the magazine website I got a call from a journalist from the Canberra Times wanting to write a similar piece and wanting to interview me as an 'expert'. This was all quite surreal, particularly since Canberra felt like a world away. While I was being interviewed I pointed out that much of the information they were after could be found on this blog. 
Anyway this is the article that appeared in the weekend edition of the Canberra Times:


Gatherers Hunt Free Tucker Ripe For the Picking

Note some of my apparent quotes I never said at all (like the thing about Kangaroo grass), but I guess there is always going to be some journalistic licence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment